“I’m getting bored, where can we go?”
“Doesn’t really matter!!”
One can commonly come across this conversation buzzing around in the streets of Chennai. Get the picture? Yes, it’s about the one and only Sathyam Multiplex situated in the heart of the city. I am one of those thousands of fans who watch movies not for the Director or actor or producers but just for the experience of watching a movie at The Sathyam Cinemas.
Sathyam Multiplex is located next to the Anna Salai and a five minutes drive from Spencer Plaza, another well-known hangout place in Chennai. The first time I ever went to this theatre was about 5 years ago to watch “Pirates of the Caribbean”. I would say, I was so enthralled by the theatre’s interior and the experience that I would keep coming back. Since then, I have watched hundreds of movies.
I am not going to be boring describing my experience on watching movies here. Rather I would jolt down few things I like about this theatre:
- Hi-tech design. (All those lights, chandeliers, ceiling design, wall hangings, hoardings, LCDs .. Even the rest room is carefully designed and decorated)
- Awesome Sound effects: High class DTS. This one aspect in which The Sathyam Cinemas can proudly boast of. This is the best in the city.
- RDX – Digital projectors. Each costing about 30 lakhs.
- Gorgeous seating with a ample legroom (Except Studio-5)
- Parking Space: It has got one of the largest parking areas
- Booking Convenience: It has about 6 counters and smiling employees at the counter. Open from 08.30 AM to 10:00 pm. Apart from there is online booking, which allows you to even pick the seat you want. www.thecinema.in
- Couple seatings in the balcony
- Range of food items available (Served to your seat)
- Play area for children below4 years
To top it all, recently National Anthem is being played before every show. A bit of patriotism.
There are various schemes like Blind Date, Pure Cinema and Saffron. Also you have a prepaid card FUEL to book tickets.
One thing I always tell people asking me for a place to visit in Chennai is “Go to Sathyam for any movie. You will enjoy”.
You can read more about it here: